12 small corn or flour torillas ( flour)
1 - 15 ounce can of black beans, drained & rinsed
1 - 4 ounce can diced green chilies
1 - 28 ounce can red enchilada sauce
1/2 cup grated manchego cheese (or sub for other mexican cheese)
1/4 cup light sour cream
Toppings - Diced green onions, cilantro, grilled fajita veggies, avocado, salsa, sour cream etc.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and position a baking rack in the middle of the oven.
2. Combine black beans, green chilies, sour cream and manchego cheese in a mixing bowl. Taste and add salt and pepper if desired. Cumin may also be a good addition, but fine without. Set aside.
3. Warm 3/4 of the enchilada sauce in a large shallow pan over low-medium heat.
4. Pour a small amount of enchilada sauce to lightly coat the bottom of a 9×13 dish.
5. Transfer one tortilla at a time to the baking dish, scoop in 2 Tbsp of the black bean filling and roll up. Place seam side down and continue until the pan is filled – should be about 10-12 enchiladas.
6. Top enchiladas with a bit more enchilada sauce down the middle (adding too much sauce can make these soggy).
7. Top with a bit more cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.
8. Serve with toppings such as avocado, guacamole, salsa, fajita veggies, sour cream, green onion, cilantro or lettuce.
Will keep in the fridge for a couple days. Reheat in oven or microwave.
Serving size: 2 enchiladas Calories: 392 Fat: 13g Carbohydrates: 54g Sugar: 10g Sodium: 341mg Fiber: 14g Protein: 14g
Get In Touch